Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Salvation According to the Pope and to the Savior!
In an interview published October 1, 2013 by the Washington Post with an Italian atheist, the pope made the following statements regarding the RCC's new position on salvation and grace:
“Each of us has a vision of good and of evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is good . . . Everyone has his own idea of good and evil and must choose to follow the good and fight evil as he conceives them. That would be enough to make the world a better place.” (1)
Francis tells the atheist reporter that the holy quality (grace) “is the amount of light in our souls, not knowledge nor reason. Even you, without knowing it, could be touched by grace.” (2)
Apparently, the pope is now a universalist, anyone can be saved! If the parameters of the pope were applied to Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao, Napoleon, Pol Pot and Edi Amin even they can claim entrance to heaven!
1. These men had a "vision of good and evil."
2. These men "moved toward what they thought was good."
3. These men had their "own idea of good and evil."
4. These men "chose to follow the good and fight the evil as they conceived them."
5. These men thought they were "making the world a better place."
The central issue here is not what the pope says. The central issue is "what does Jesus say?" Here is what Jesus says about salvation:
1. "...except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." - Luke 13.3, 5
2. "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 10.32
3. "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; he that believeth not shall be damned." - Mark 16.16
There we have it, dear reader. In whom will you put your trust? Francis or Christ? Heaven and hell literally hang in the balance!
(3) Public Domain photo courtesy of Wikipedia
In the very biblical mode of prayer where we approach our Holy God, here is a prayer that emulates just how Christ taught us to pray. It i...
Despite the fact that no such thing as the "Sinner's Prayer" appears anywhere in the Bible and despite that fact that no one...
S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald, 1958 - 1975  10 November 1975 was a dark, cold and stormy night on Lake Superior just off Cl...
Gospel Call Media: (Charlotte, NC) On June 25 - 27, Lord willing, this reporter will attend an event to be held at Lipscomb University ...